Sept 2020 – May 2021
Actualize your teaching potential with Onyx’s Advanced Yoga Teacher Training.
Registration is now open for our 2020-2021 Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program. Hone your craft as a professional yoga teacher, become an expert in your subject and take a profound spiritual journey centered on the ancient texts and practices yogis have referred to for centuries. As a community of skilled teachers in study and practice with one another, the Onyx Yoga Alliance Certified 500 Hour training program will uplift us all. Will you join us?
“Yoga does not transform the way we see things. It transforms the person who sees.”
Consider Onyx Yoga Teacher Training if you:
- Want the eyes and means to help your students have deep yoga experiences
- Know that there is so much more to learn after your 200 hr training
- Have taken many scattered trainings and workshops and desire to crack the code of how these different modalities all fit together
- Wish to gain a better understanding of the history of yoga asana and how it made its way here
- Seek confidence in your understanding and ability to teach body mechanics, philosophy and history of yoga
- Want to expand your private clientele but feel you need more expertise on teaching in intimate settings
- Know that there is not one but many forms of “yoga philosophy” and want to understand this vast topic deeply
- Yearn to hold moving, spiritually inspired classes but so far lack the confidence/experience in your own knowledge of yoga philosophy
- Want to elevate your own vibration; to hold the seat of the teacher optimally in your classrooms and in your life
- Need the discipline & practices required to do that
- Want to pursue being the best teacher you can be for your students
- Desire to establish yourself as an expert through an accredited advanced certification
In Onyx Yoga Teacher Training you will GAIN:
- A thorough study of the following primary texts: the Upanishads, Hathayogapradipika, as well as an advanced examination of the Yoga Sutras
- An examination of key secondary texts that have added clarity and depth to modern yoga
- Advanced asana (physical postures) study with a focus on alignment, body mechanics and refining how to help specific bodies instead of generally teaching to the whole room (this especially helps with teaching private clients)
- Different approaches to the Art of Assisting so that you can develop confidence in your own style
- Experience with advanced ancient meditation and pranayama techniques
- An anatomical understanding of breath and pranayama & the ability to speak to the science of breath in your teaching
- Confidence and accomplishment in advanced teaching methodologies
- A community of committed students & teachers of yoga to grow alongside through study, practice and deep conversation
Onyx Yoga Teacher Training starts mid-September 2020 and runs through May 2021 meeting primarily one weekend per month. Benefit now from our “early bird” registration that is truly affordable.
A Typical Day
9/11/2020 to 9/13/2020
10/9/2020 to 10/11/2020 – And Wednesday 10/7 5:30-8:30
11/6/2020 to 11/8/2020
12/4/2020 to 12/6/2020
1/8/2021 to 1/10/2021
1/29/2021 to 1/31/2021 – And Wednesday 1/27 5:30-8:30
2/26/2021 to 2/28/2021
3/19/2021 to 3/21/2021 – And Wednesday 3/17 5:30-8:30
4/16/2021 to 4/18/2021
5/7/2021 to 5/9/2021
6/4/2021 to 6/6/2021
Nonrefundable Deposit: $500.
Tuition: $4,995 .
Early bird price if paid in full by July 1, $4,495.
Yoga Teacher Training students will receive 25% off their regular yoga class packages during the program. Payment plans available. Register on line or call Onyx at (908) 834-8064.
Interested in learning more about our Yoga Teacher Training? email email@example.com and put “500 Hour TT” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
A Message from Gabi Percario, Program Director
“The Onyx Yoga 500 hour program will contextualize and build on whatever training background you have so far. Whether you teach vinyasa classes, come from an Ashtanga background, teach a lot of restorative, kundalini, you name it – this training is meant to empower you to locate all of the disciplines & practices in the greater yoga conversation so that you leave this training a true expert on our beloved subject.
I am disinterested in converting students to my particular philosophy of teaching and practice. What most thrills me about this training is the chance to offer the opposite, which I know to be something you can’t get anywhere else:
Maybe you have been studying for a long time. Then you know what a rare event it is, to have access to this depth, without being asked to subscribe to a specific sectarian approach. Meaning, to go as deep as we will in this training is usually only possible in a formal, possibly even initiation-required setting like an ashram.
I don’t know of anything like this aside from an advanced university degree. That’s the route I went and came out with no one to talk to in my yoga community, because there’s a gap between yoga academics and yoga practitioners. I’d like to help bridge that gap and uplevel our entire community – through the way we teach and the conversations we have with each other.
We dive deeply into the history of yoga, it’s ancient roots and what that practice looked like, followed by the early 19th century physical yoga boom. We will learn the key players, socio-political-religious factors that contributed to this new style of practice. This is an important, complicated and sometimes challenging story as we let go of presuppositions we may have had and lean into greater sat, clarity. The fruit of this knowledge is sweet as it empowers teachers to be creatively free, rather than bound to some idea of “traditional” ways of practice that we’ll find are often much younger than once thought.
We will give great attention to the pelvis and spine, as both the fundament aspects of alignment in postures as well as the seat of aligning the nervous system optimally for yoga experiences. We will explore this topic through physical practice, through primary sources like the hathayogapradipika and secondary sources as well that incorporate a modern scientific approach.
Hone your teaching skills, refine your knowledge base and elevate your own vibration to show up as the teacher and human you want to be.
Be a part of the growth!
Join the conversation!”