Surrender & Open into Stillness (S.O.S.) Yin Yoga Immersion/Teacher Training
Two Weekends, May 15-16 and June 5-6
Yin yoga affects our physical, energetic, and emotional bodies and is a practice that emphasizes relaxation of our muscles in various asana postures.
Mostly done on the floor, the practice targets on a physical level the connective tissue of the joints. Poses are held for 3-5 minutes with the goal being to safely and therapeutically stretch, stimulate and strengthen these deeper tissues. On an energetic level the practice allows chi/prana to move more fluidly through our meridians. A Yin practice develops mindful awareness of the breath, the body, our emotions and thoughts.
30 Hour / Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits
15(contact hours) / 15 (non-contact hours)
No Prior Yoga Certification Needed
Whether you are a registered yoga teacher desiring to share this practice with your students or an enthusiastic student who is eager to create your own personal Yin practice, this Level 1 Yin training is for you. No prior teacher training or certification is required just the curiosity and passion to further your understanding of Yin yoga
S.O.S. Yin training is unique for its inclusion of:
- An understanding of modern meridian theory and Chinese medicine and how to incorporate these theories into the sequencing of a Yin class.
- Developing a personal Vipassana (Insight Meditation practice).
- Understanding how to confidently hold a safe space for your students.
- Exploring how to creatively incorporate other healing modalities into your class.
- Empowering yourself to approach your practice, your teaching and your life with more compassion, creativity and grace.
The training will include:
- History, philosophy and benefits of Yin Yoga and Yin and Yang Theory.
- A clear understanding of how to properly instruct the 25 Yin asanas.
- Learning to modify poses to meet individual students needs by understanding how to tailor the practice to different populations by using various props and hands on assistance.
- Sequencing of postures for various levels, from the beginner to the intermediate student.
- Development of a personal authentic home Yin Yoga practice.
- Students will become certified to teach Yin Yoga.
- Friday May 15th: 7-9:30 PM
- Saturday May 16th 12-5:00 PM
- Friday June 5th 7- 9:30 PM
- Saturday June 6th 12-5:00 PM
- Complete readings & homework assignments to be given prior to training & in-between sessions
- $675, nonrefundable $200 deposit to secure your space –
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 908.834.8064.